BPSI will receive applications from December 1, 2023 to April 1, 2024. The application includes past professional information, two references, a CV, and a brief personal statement. Applicants to the Fellowship interview with a faculty member to discuss their professional experience and their goals. The Admissions Committee meets in May and June, and admissions decisions are usually made before July 1, often earlier.
The Fellowship does not require licensure or any particular academic or clinical degree, but Fellows are usually mental health clinicians. Non-clinicians who may be interested in applying should contact one of the Co-Chairs of the Admissions Committee to discuss whether the Fellowship would be appropriate for them.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications accepted beginning December 1, 2023.
Deadline for submission is April 1, 2024.
- Complete the application form and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is a non-refundable application fee of $75. This may be paid online, or by check payable to Boston Psychoanalytic Society & Institute, which may be mailed to 141 Herrick Rd, Newton Centre, MA 02459.
- You will be asked to include past professional information, a CV, two references, and a brief personal statement.
- Following receipt of an application, BPSI will contact the applicant for an interview with a faculty member. Our goal is for these interviews to be a mutually informative experience in which you will learn more about our training program and community, and we can discuss your professional experience and goals.
- The admissions committee meets in May and June, and admissions decisions are usually made before July 1, often earlier.
For administrative issues in the admissions process, please contact Karen Smolens at (617) 266-0953 ext 103. The Co-Chairs of the Admissions Committee for the ATP are also available to answer questions: Janet Witte and Jessica Barton. The Director of Psychotherapy Training, Richard Gomberg, is also happy to talk with prospective students, and he can be reached at (617) 796-8804.
- Tuition for the Fellowship Program for 2022-2023 is $2,600.00.
- Tuition for the Fellowship Program for 2023-2024 is $2,730.00.
- There is a small annual increase in dues and tuition. 2024-2025 tuition and dues will be available after March 1, 2024.
- Our Financial Office can set up a payment plan for your tuition. Please email Drew Brydon-Cardoso, Accounting & Operations Specialist, or call him at (617) 266-0953.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- BPSI is committed to supporting training for those applicants with limited financial resources. Scholarship funds are limited and distributed based on financial need. Fellows may apply for tuition assistance. See our scholarships page.
Training Program Elements
Faculty & Students