ATP FACULTY & STUDENTS
The ATP attracts a wide range of students with a diversity of backgrounds, united by their commitment to deepening their understanding and clinical work through an in-depth and sustained study of psychoanalytic psychotherapy. Students are all clinicians coming from various disciplines, some well into their careers, others just beginning. They include psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, pastoral counselors, mental health workers, nurses, psychology post-doctoral students, psychiatry residents or fellows, and others.
ATP students enjoy the full benefits the BPSI Community has to offer:
- ATP students are Student Psychotherapist Members of BPSI and participate fully in our community.
- Students are full voting members at BPSI.
- ATP students are invited to participate on committees, academic lectures, member seminars, our film discussion series “Off the Couch,” and a wide array of other programs.
- Graduates of the ATP are eligible to become supervisors and teachers within the ATP, and may teach in BPSI’s Program in Psychoanalytic Studies, offering multidisciplinary psychoanalytic courses to the broader community.
- Students can become active members of the local and national psychoanalytic community. Training at BPSI offers entrée into a stimulating and diverse psychoanalytic and psychotherapy community that provides unparalleled opportunities for lifelong learning and professional development.
As BPSI is an Affiliate Institute of the American Psychoanalytic Association (APsaA), our ATP students are eligible to join as Psychotherapist Affiliate members and take advantage of benefits of membership in APsaA.
BENEFITS OF APsaA MEMBERSHIP INLCUDE
- Reduced Registration Fees & Advance Notification of APsaA’s Meetings
- Subscription to APsaA’s quarterly magazine, The American Psychoanalyst
- Special Subscription Rate to the Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association (JAPA)
- Directory of Psychotherapist Associates
- Discussion Group at APsaA’s biannual national meetings
Click here for further information on the benefits of membership in APsaA.
Click here for a link to our faculty.Continue to:
Training Program Elements
Faculty & Students