New books, upcoming events, archival research and ongoing projects are described in the Fall 2022 issue of the library newsletter. The library is open for vaccinated members and partners only by appointment. Email email@example.com to arrange your visit or request your articles and books. Please see if you have library books on loan ready to be returned. Either mail them to the library or drop them off in the Return Bin located on the shelves at the entrance to the library on your next visit to BPSI.
Recent video interviews with noted book authors, senior analysts, and Kravitz Award recipients are posted here. Recent publications by BPSI Authors are featured on the Recent Work and BPSI Authors blogs and publicized on BPSI’s Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram pages. We also maintain a new Who is Reading Us? blog featuring a compilation of reviews of books that have been recently published by our members. Check out the Library Corner of the BPSI Blog for recently posted film and book reviews.
Publications by BPSI Authors- Fall 2022
Lawrence Brown, PhD (forthcoming on November 30th, preorder here)
- Brown, L. ed. (2022). On Freud’s “Moses and Monotheism.” New York: Routledge
Andrea Celenza, PhD
- Celenza, A. (2022). Transference, Love, Being: Essential Essays From the Field. New York: Routledge
- Celenza, A. (2022). Maternal erotic transferences and the work of the abject. Journal American Psychoanalytic Association, 70(1): 9-38.
- Celenza, A. (2022). Stance, set, transferences: Differentiating two modes of clinical technique. Journal American Psychoanalytic Association, 70(2): 283-305.
- Celenza, A. (2022).Necessary suffering, bravery of prey: Commentary on Dominant perversions; perverse dominance: Eroticized schemata and dissociative phenomena in the case of Daniel. Psychoanalytic Perspectives, 19: 96-107. https://doi.org/10.1080/1551806X.2021.2000796.
Steven Cooper, PhD
- Cooper, S.H. (2022). Playing and Becoming in Psychoanalysis. London: Routledge
- Cooper, S. H. (2022). The limit of intimacy and the intimacy of limit: Play and its relation to the internal bad object. J. Amer. Psya. Assn. 70:241-261.
- Cooper, S. H. (2022). The place where we live: Inside, outside, playing and using in perpetuity. The Collected Works of D. Winnicott, Volume 8. 70: J. Amer. Psychoanalytic Assn. 70: 177-185
- Cooper, S.H. (2022). Shared catastrophe, resistance, and learning in the countertransference. Psychoanalytic Quarterly, 91:39-61
- Cooper, S. H. (2021). Toward an ethic of play. Psychoanalytic Quarterly. 90: 373-397
Dan Jacobs, MD
- Jacobs, D. (2022). Book Review- From Inner Speech to Dialogue: Psychoanalysis, Linguistics and Development: Collected Papers of Theodore Shapiro. in Psychoanalytic Quarterly 91:1 pp. 193-197.
Rachel McBride, PsyD
- McBride, R. (2022). Book Review- Sexuality, Excess, and Representation: A Psychoanalytic Clinical and Theoretical Perspective. By Rosine Jozef Perelberg. London: New Library of Psychoanalysis, 2020. in Psychoanalytic Quarterly 91:201-204.
Publications with Contribution from BPSI Members
- Bögels, Gertie (ed.), Kenneth Kronenberg (trans.). (2022). The Letters of Sigmund Freud to Jeanne Lampl-de Groot, 1921-1939: Psychoanalysis and Politics in Interwar Years. New York: Routledge ~Contribution from Rita Teusch, PhD
Meet the Author Series
- Meet John Martin-Joy, MD on Jan 9, 2023, the editor of Conversations with Donald Hall.
- Meet Steven Cooper, PhD on May 1, 2023, author of Playing and Becoming in Psychoanalysis.
Recordings of the past Meet the Author events, as well as interviews in other video series, can be watched here. All books are available in the library and can be borrowed by members and partners.
Library Newsletter Archive
Library Contact Information:
Veronica Davis: 617-266-0953 ext. 104, email: firstname.lastname@example.org