As part of our ongoing commitment to community outreach and exploring psychoanalytic applications in art and culture, BPSI offers a variety of programs of interest to the public and to the wider professional community.
We provide lectures, courses, and experiences that are of general interest, informed by our understanding of the role of unconscious experiences, communication, and meaning in human lives.
- Our Explorations in Mind program offers a number of courses that deal with the development and experience of individuals and families in relation to their surroundings and their culture, and the challenges they face.
- BPSI READS is an initiative to facilitate regular conversations within BPSI, the larger psychoanalytic community, and the public on issues of Race, Equity, Diversity, and Otherness.
- BPSI offers a Community Psychoanalysis Concentration with application open to the public.
- BPSI offers an annual Early Childhood Conference for early childhood educators.
- BPSI’s Psychoanalysis and Social Awareness Committee promotes and stimulates greater involvement, by both our Members and the community, regarding issues of social justice and change.
- We recognize a Member of our organization who has done exemplary work and service for our wider community annually with the Arthur R. Kravitz Award for Community Action and Humanitarian Contributions. The prize is accompanied by a donation we make to a charitable or public-service organization, in honor of the recipient’s work and interest.
For more information on our community and public programs please contact our main office at (617) 266-0953.